1. Buffers and Diluents
Buffers and diluents are available for Immunohistochemistry, in situ Hybridization Special Stains and most other applications.
- General buffers, such as PBS (PH 7.6) and TBS (PH 7.6, 0.1M) can be used for washing/rinsing of slides.
- Super SensitiveTM Wash Buffer is a phosphate buffered saline (PH 7.4) with surfactant and is used to ensure optimal staining with even spreading of antibodies and other reagents to avoid inconsistent results.
BioGenex offers the following counterstains for use in FISH application.
- DAPI (4',6-diamidino-2-phenylindole) is a fluorescent blue stain used as a nuclear counterstain in Fluorescent In Situ Hybridization (FISH) and Immunofluorescence (IF) applications. DAPI strongly binds A-T rich regions in DNA and can be used to stain nuclei of both live and fixed cells. DAPI has an absorption maximum at a wavelength of 358 nm and its emission maximum is at 461 nm.
3. Microscope Slides & Coverslips
OptiPlusTM Positive-Charged Microscope Slides provide a strong adhesive surface for tissues and cells to prevent tissue displacement during harsh pre-treatments such as enzymatic digestion and the microwave Antigen Retrieval method. These slides are ideal for automated systems. Additionally, each slide has a frosted end for easy labeling. The OptiPlus™ Positive-Charged Barrier Slides have all the advantages of our regular OptiPlus™ slides, but also contain hydrophobic barriers that allow the quantity of reagents per slide to be tailored to the size of the specimen. These slides eliminate reagent waste without the need to use a PAP pen, thereby reducing set-up time in manual assays as well as in automated systems. The permanent hydrophobic barriers are compatible with dewaxing solutions and other reagents. The slides are suitable for use with frozen tissue sections, formalin-fixed paraffin sections, and cytology preparations.
OptiPlus™ Barrier Slides for Xmatrx® (U.S. & Foreign Equivalent Patents Pending) contain a double hydrophobic barrier that allows formation of an oil seal to prevent evaporation of micro-reagents during high temperature steps and prolonged incubations. Four different configurations are available:
- A single test area of 25 x 40 mm (>80 µl of reagent recommended)
- A single test area of 25 x 25 mm (>40 µl of reagent recommended)
- A single test area of 18 x 18 mm (>10 µl of reagent recommended)
- Two test area per slide, each measuring 18 x 18 mm
Coverslips are optimized for use on Xmatrx® staining systems and come is three configurations to accommodate the different barrier slides.
Barrier Slides & Coverslips
|Product||1 Box||1 Case|
|Barrier Slides, 18 x 18 mm (72/box, 1440/case)||XT128-SL||XT128-CL|
|Barrier Slides, 18 x 18 mm, 2-Zone (72/box, 1440/case)||XT114-SL||XT114-CL|
|Coverslips, 18 x 18 mm (175/box, 1750/case)||XT121-YBX||XT121-XBK|
4. Pipette tips
BioGenex pipette tips are made of high-quality polypropylene and are RNase and heavy metal-free when untampered. Inner surface is extremely smooth and requires minimum wetting. 1 mL and 200 µL pipette tips are optimized for use on BioGenex Xmatrx® systems.