Super Sensitive™ IHC Detection Systems
Immunohistochemistry is a highly sensitive method that allows the localization of antigen within a cell or a tissue with high resolution. The method is based on the use of a primary antibody that specifically binds to its complementary antigen. The bound antibody may then be visualized by a variety of methods such as colorimetric end points.
BioGenex offers three basic types of IHC Detection Systems:
I. Super SensitiveTM (SS) Polymer-HRP IHC Detection System
This is a novel detection system using a non-biotin polymeric technology that makes use of two major components: Super Enhancer and a Poly-HRP reagent. As the system is not based on the biotin-avidin system, problems associated with endogenous biotin are completely eliminated. The enzyme horseradish peroxidase (HRP) catalyzes the conversion of chromogenic substrates (e.g. DAB, AEC) into colored products facilitating tissue staining.
Features & Benefits
- High signal to noise ratio without endogenous biotin background
- Excellent sensitivity for weakly expressed antigens
- Universal system for rabbit and mouse antibodies
- Excellent cell penetration ability for intense nuclear, cytoplasmic and membrane antigen staining
- Enabling higher dilution of antibodies for reduced cost
- Available in RFID tagged (Xmatrx) or barcode labeled (i6000) vials for automation or in drop bottles for easy to use manual staining.
II. Super SensitiveTM (SS) One-Step Polymer-HRP IHC Detection System
All the benefits of SS Polymer-HRP IHC Detection System mentioned above with an easy and fast 15 minutes staining protocol
III. Super SensitiveTM (SS) Link-Label IHC Detection System
A classic system based on the highly specific and sensitive streptavidin-biotin interaction to detect a bound antibody. These kits include multi-Link – a mix of anti-mouse and anti-rabbit IgGs conjugated to multiple biotin molecules and a Label -Strepavidin conjugated with an enzyme (horseradish peroxidase (HRP) or alkaline phosphatase (AP)). The reaction takes place in following steps:
- Cells or tissues are prepared and incubated with an unlabeled primary antibody that will bind to the antigen.
- The bound antibody is detected with a LINK (species-specific secondary antibody conjugated to biotin).
- The bound secondary antibody is then allowed to react with Streptavidin conjugated with an enzyme (Label). Streptavidin binds extremely strongly and irreversibly to the biotin residues on the secondary antibody resulting in the addition of multiple enzyme to the primary antibody complex.
- A substrate is then added and acted upon by the enzyme producing a highly visible precipitate. DAB or AEC substrates are available for HRP Labels while Fast Red, Elegance Red and New Fuchsin substrates are available for AP conjugated labels.
Features & Benefits
- Improved staining of weak antigens
- User-friendly and extensive choice of kit formats designed for use with human, animal or rodent tissue
- Wide choice of chromogens offered
- Available in RFID tagged (Xmatrx) or Barcode labeled (i6000) vials for automation or in drop bottles for easy to use manual staining.
Super Sensitive™ IHC Detection System kits CompositionFor manual use (drop bottles) For i6000 Automation (Barcode labeled) For Xmatrx Automation (Elite- RFID tagged vials)
Detection Systems- LINK LABEL (For mouse & rabbit antibodies)
|SKU||Size||Multi-Link||Label||DAB buffer||DAB Chromogen||Peroxide block||Power block||Hematox.||Negative ctr IgG|
|QD470-60KE||60 test||6 ml||HRP 6 ml||2 ml||6x2.5 ml||6 ml||3 ml-Rabbit
|QA900-9LE||500 test||50 ml||AP 50 ml|
|QP900-9LE||500 test||50 ml||HRP 50 ml|
|QP300-XAKE||1000||100 ml||HRP 100 ml|
|LP000-ULE||1000+||5 ml (Conc.)||HRP 5 ml (Conc.)|
|LA000-ULE||1000+||5 ml(Conc.)||AP 5 ml (Conc.)|
|200 test||20 ml||HRP 20 ml||5x20 ml||4 ml||20 ml||20 ml||20 ml|
Detection Systems- - SS Polymer HRP (For mouse & rabbit antibodies)
|SKU||Size||Super enhancer||Polymer-HRP||DAB buffer||DAB Chromogen||Peroxide block||Power block||Hematox.||EZ-AR Eleg. 1,2 & 3 Sol.||Negative ctr IgG|
|QD400-60KE||60 test||6 ml||6 ml||10 ml||2 ml||6 ml||6 ml||6 ml||3 ml-Rabbit
|QD420-YIKE||500 test||50 ml||50 ml||50 ml||5 ml|
|QD430-XAKE||1000 test||100 ml||100 ml||100 ml||10 ml|
|QD440-XAKE||1000 test||100 ml||100 ml|
|200 test||20 ml||20 ml||5x10 ml||4 ml||20 ml||20 ml||20 ml|
|200 test||15 ml||15 ml||5x11 ml||4 ml||4x16 ml||21 ml||4x16 ml||16 ml|
|200 test||16 ml||16 ml||4x11 ml||4 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml|
Detection Systems- - SS One-Step Polymer HRP (For mouse & rabbit antibodies)
|SKU||Size||Polymer-HRP||DAB buffer||DAB Chromogen||Peroxide block||Power block||Hematox.||EZ-AR Eleg. 1,2 & 3 Sol.|
|QD620-YIKE||500 test||50 ml||50 ml||5 ml|
|QD630-XAKE||1000 test||100 ml||100 ml||10 ml|
|200 test||16 ml||4x11 ml||4 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml|
|200 test||16 ml||4x11 ml||4 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml||3x16 ml|
Substrates and Chromogens
BioGenex offers complete Substrate Packs for immunohistochemical staining with alkaline phosphatase and peroxidase labels. The kits are designed to reduce substrate preparation time and minimize exposure to chemical hazards. The chart below summarizes the substrates offered, indicating enzyme and standard mounting media compatibility.
Features & Benefits
- High Resolution AEC and Liquid DAB
- Rapid Development Time
- Ready-to-use Solutions
- Long-Term Stability
Chromogens / Substrates offered
|Chromogen||Stain Color||Enzyme used||Solubility in Alcohol/Xylene||Compatible Mounting Media|
|AEC||Brick Red||HRP||Yes||Aqueous or Super Mount|
|DAB||Brown||HRP||No||Aqueous, Super Mount or XMount|
|Elegance Red||Red||AP||No||Aqueous, Super Mount or XMount|
|Fast Red||Red||AP||Yes||Aqueous or Super Mount|
|New Fuchsin||Red||AP||Yes||Aqueous or Super Mount|