Nucleic Acid Retrieval Method
BioGenex is the inventor of Nucleic Acid Retrieval enabling technology. This technology is an effective way of unmasking DNA in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections using microwave heating. The Nucleic Acid Retrieval technique breaks the formalin induced cross-linking bonds between DNA and proteins, as well as protein-protein cross-linking thereby allowing better penetration of probes and accessibility of DNA for binding. Nucleic Acid Retrieval (NAR-1) is recommended instead of Proteinase K when DNA targeting probes are used.
Advantages of the method:
- Reduces time for probe incubation
- Consistent and reliable staining quality
- Eliminates false-negative staining results
- Easy to use - Can be used in both microwave or Xmatrx Automation protocols
- Non-hazardous, non-flammable and odorless – Safe and Eco-friendly.
|Product||Method||Features & Recommentded Use|
|NAR-1||Microwave, 95-100°C||PH~6, excellent for DNA targeting probes|
Enzymes for Tissue Digestion
Some tissues require the use of enzymatic pre-treatment before staining to achieve standardized results depending on the antibodies and their different incubation and pre-treatment requirements. Each kit contains three or four vials of lyophilized enzyme powder and 15 ml of reconstitution buffer, enabling you to make fresh enzyme solutions as needed.
- Proteinase K in a ready to use (RTU), RNase-free solution and is recommended for use with RNA targeting probes.
- The Trypsin and Pepsin kits contain well-established enzymes suitable for routine pre-treatment at 37°C. Pepsin is recommended as pretreatment for FISH applications.
- Protease XXIV kits contain a universal digestive agent that allows for fast and effective pre-treatment at room temperature.
BioGenex deparaffinization solutions are “one-step” products that simultaneously enable the removal of paraffin and allow rehydration of the tissue with a single reagent. In the past, formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded tissue sections were traditionally deparaffinized with highly toxic, noxious chemicals (i.e. xylene, equivalents). BioGenex, a pioneer in the immunohistochemistry technology, offers xylene-free products that remove the paraffin from mounted tissue slides easily and rapidly.
- EZ-DeWax Solution for all BioGenex manual methods.
- X-Dewax Solution optimized for Xmatrx automation.
- Features & Benefits:
- Effectively removes paraffin and allows rehydration of the tissue in one step
- Reduces deparaffinization time from 45 minutes to 10 minutes
- Eliminates use of toxic solvents (xylene) and minimizes hazardous waste
- Ready to use (RTU) or 2x solutions (to be diluted 1:1 with ethanol) are available.
- Features & Benefits:
- Conveniently performs deparaffinization and Antigen Retrieval in the same slide tank using microwave heating.
- Quick deparaffinization & rehydration in one step (10 minutes @ 70oC default protocol).
- Reduces the use of alcohol in preparing tissue sections for IHC, ISH, H & E, FISH and Special Stains.
- Eliminates use of toxic solvents (xylene) and minimizes hazardous waste.
- Optimized for use in EZ-Retriever microwave with BioGenex EZ-AR 1-4 solutions.